A1. piSignage Player
piSignage Player is based on Raspberry Pi and connects to TV through HDMI port. Network connectivity can be through direct LAN cable or with supported wi-fi dongles.
Player software can be installed in 2 ways.
a. Download the image from piSignage Repository and burn the SD card (you could also order readymade SD card from us).
b. If you have Rasbian OS, download the software from piSignage Repository and run install script. Instructions are available at the same repository.
piSignage Player locally runs a node.js server and periodically communicates with the Central server (pisignage.com or your server) via Websocket interface. For local management it also provides an API interface which can be accessed by Android/Chrome app or simply using Chrome Browser to http://
piSignage is powered by standard USB power supply and needs minimum 0.75A rating power supplies. If the power rating is not sufficient device may mis-behave or even reboot. When wi-fi adapter is used, a 2A power supply is recommended.
piSignage Player uses SD card to run the program as well store the content. piSignage Player can play the content offline and does not need continuous network availability. A class 10(for faster access time) SD card with minimum 8GB capacity is needed.
Raspberry pi 2 model B is recommended although the Player runs on earlier model B's as well.
- Plays full HD videos, all image formats, HTML5 content
- Downloads content and plays, can work offline
- Web-links and streaming links like YouTube,IP Camera are supported
- Supports multiple layouts and upto 3 zones(main, side, bottom)
- Default Playlist and scheduled playlists both for time-of-day & for season campaigns
- Advertisement insertion capability
- Supports 1080p, 720p modes, landscape and portrait orientation (dimensions)
- Progressive Download between network failures and device reboots
- Update Software centrally for all players
- Player & Connectivity Statistics, Event logs
- Smartphone app to control presentations and discover players
- Web-socket based communication for real-time control
- Multiple choices for managing - hosted service, local server, web interface and chrome app
For complete specifications please refer to piSignage github wiki.
Release notes for piSignage player release can be found at github piSignage repository.
A2. Chrome Player
To experience piSignage player in the browser, you can download chrome app from Chrome store. Once the player is downloaded register the player at pisignage.com and rest of the operations are same as that piSignage player.
It is a full pledged player supporting all the features of piSignage Player.
Release note for 2.0.0 of Chrome Player
- Rewrote the app based on piSignage Player to make it full pledged player compatible with Pi Player
- Compatible with Raspberry piSignage player except for the following (coming soon)
- Support for Android/Chrome Remote
B1. Hosted Service - pisignage.com
To get started quickly and manage piSignage players anywhere from the browser we offer hosted service at pisignage.com. You can sign up for free and get started with free credits. The service is hosted at Amazon and standard practices are followed to take care service reliability, backup and security aspects.
To know more, please refer to specifications on the functions of server at piSignage github wiki.
To experience yourself the service, sign-up for free at pisignage.com
B2. Deploy your own Local Server
There are installations where you want to host your own server inside the fire-walled local network. Or you may want to add your own services and value-adds for more revenue. We provide open-source version of the server which is based on MEAN stack. This can be deployed locally as it is or modify it to suit your needs.
The features of the server are pretty much same as hosted service for Asset, Playlist and Group management. User management and Reports section are not available. Refer to piSignage github wiki for details.
Please go to github repository for further details.
C1. Discovery and Remote app (Chrome & Android, IOS planned)
For discovering locally available piSignage players and their IP addresses your can use our app which is currently available for Android and Chrome. The same app allows you to browse files and playlists available in piSignage Player, Play/Pause the files for giving presentations and also manage the player.